[ntp:questions] Meinberg - GPS170PCI - ntpdate for step sync?

Thierry MARTIN thierry-martin at ifrance.com
Fri Jul 13 06:54:48 UTC 2007

Hi Martin,

>Did you restart the computer, or did you just restart the NTP daemon?

I did not restart the computer and NTP daemon was not started; The mbgstatus
reported everything was ok. I started ntpd from the command line.

Anyway, your answer is more or less what I expected. This will probably lead
me to writing a custom script that manages the NTP service (I hope I could
avoid that :-)).

By the way, I am a bit curious to know how other people -that use this
device- deal with this issue? Do they have really different configurations
(or needs) from the one I am trying to setup?

Once again, thanks a lot for you help.

Thierry MARTIN

news: 29shm4-a31.ln1 at gateway.py.meinberg.de...