[ntp:questions] Installing more stable oscillator?

Pete Stephenson pete+usenet at heypete.com
Sun Jul 15 02:59:45 UTC 2007

In article <f7bcdq$fq3$1 at scrotar.nss.udel.edu>,
 "David L. Mills" <mills at udel.edu> wrote:

[snip all sorts of useful and informative information]

> My own rubidium oscillator and, I suspect, P-H's do not have a PPS
> output, just a raw 10-MHz signal.

Indeed, I saw this on a few of the rubidium oscillators I saw on eBay. I
was curious if there was some way to have NTP use a 10MHz signal rather
than 1 PPS, but I figured that NTP wasn't really designed that way and
more hardware would be necessary to make it work right.

The world of precision timekeeping is truly vast, and somewhat
overwhelming for someone getting into the hardware side of things.

--
Pete Stephenson
HeyPete.com