[ntp:questions] Is the message Interrupted system call mean a problem in NTP setup

Harlan Stenn stenn at ntp.isc.org
Tue Jul 17 19:44:37 UTC 2007

>>> In article <1184671398.433228.123660 at g12g2000prg.googlegroups.com>, Rejean <rsenecal at oerlikon.ca> writes:

Rejean> I started ntp in my linux box like this: ntpd -D99

Wow.

Rejean> Output from ntpd is shown below. In the standard output i'm getting
Rejean> the error "addto_syslog: select(): nfound=-1, error: Interrupted
Rejean> system call". What doest it mean. Should I worry about this
Rejean> error. For a c++ programmer like me, an error on select(), mean a
Rejean> server disconnect from a tcp connection !!! Is that true ?

Don't worry.

If you really want to know why, look at the code and see 'man select'.