[ntp:questions] Wrong time after changing hardware

Marc Muehlfeld marc.muehlfeld at web.de
Fri Jul 20 10:14:41 UTC 2007

Hello,

I'm running a NTP server on one of my Linux servers that distribute time in
our local network. But since I changed Mainboard/CPU/RAM on that machine, the
machine is allways having a time in future.

When I restart the NTP service, the time is sycronized again. But allready
after 12h there is a drift difference of about +6 seconds. Meanwhile I
reinstalled the service, but that didn't made any changes. Before switching to
the new hardware, it run fine for about 1.5 years.

Any idea?

The server is running Suse 10.0 with xntp 4.2.0a.

Regards
Marc