[ntp:questions] Suggested gps devices for use as a time source for ntpd

Kurt Häusler tenesu at relsueah.NO.oc.SPAM.zn
Thu Jul 26 08:52:06 UTC 2007

On Thu, 26 Jul 2007 08:43:14 +0000, David J Taylor wrote:

> Kurt Häusler wrote:
>> Hi,
> []
>> Any suggestions for gps nav units that support ntp on linux?
>>
>> Thanks
>
> This simple example for FreeBSD:
>
>   http://www.david-taylor.myby.co.uk/ntp/FreeBSD-GPS-PPS.htm
>
> David

Thanks, I was thinking more along the lines of the devices sold as
complete navigation systems, a small box with a display screen that sticks
on a cars windscreen and provides directions. I would only need it
occasionally in the car so was looking for one I could plug into the
computer as a time source when its not being used as a nav system.