[ntp:questions] Release Candidate for new Windows Installer(4.2.4p3-RC1)

Pete Stephenson pete+usenet at heypete.com
Thu Jul 26 18:36:19 UTC 2007

In article <8LKdnXBIjrl6-BTbRVn_vgA at giganews.com>,
 Guy Macon <http://www.guymacon.com/> wrote:

> http://www.meinberg.de/download/ntp/windows/time-server-monitor/ntp-time-serve
> r-monitor-0.9n.exe

I've had some strange errors with TSM 0.9n. They mostly involve viewing
a server's monlist and performing name resolution of the listed clients.

TSM throws up a blank error window, and then fails to respond to any
input, requiring one to use Windows XP's "End Now" function.

Also, with multiple time servers (I monitor the local stratum 2 server,
as well as the two stratum 3's that get time from it) it occasionally
forgets which server it's looking at and the data shown is for the
Localhost.

For example, there are three tabs:
[ Localhost ] [ 192.168.1.2 ] [ 192.168.1.5 ]

I'll be viewing the status of 192.168.1.5, and all will be going well.
However, it occasionally changes the data displayed to that of
Localhost, while still having the 192.168.1.5 tab selected.

There's a few other minor issues (reverting back to 10s queries to the
server whenever one switches tabs, even if one set the interval to be
higher or lower) which are hardly worth writing about as it's still not
even a 1.0 release.

That said, TSM is very useful and handy.

--
Pete Stephenson
HeyPete.com