[ntp:questions] New Windows NTP Installer available

gldickens3 gldickens3 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 27 16:15:19 UTC 2007

On Jul 27, 11:03 am, "David J Taylor" <david-tay... at blueyonder.not-
this-bit.nor-this-bit.co.uk> wrote:
> gldickens3 wrote:
>

> > As soon as I changed time server host
> > name to IP addresses in my ntp.conf file then all time servers were
> > then used on the initial boot of my machine.  Problem solved!
>
> Should NTP have a dependency on DNS being working, before the NTP service
> starts?

Ideally, yes.  However, I think that it is fine the way that it is as
if a special note is included in an FAQ somewhere that says that IP
addresses should be used instead of host names in order for the ntpd
service to work properly on initial Windows boot up.

Heiko said:
> I fixed that and uploaded a new version of
> the foehr installer without bumping the version number. You can see that you
> have the fixed version by looking at the digital signature which should be dated
> July, 27th 2007 ... If you have a signature from yesterday, it is the first
> version which still includes this bug.

I downloaded and ran the new installer and it works fine now. Thanks!

FYI,

Gordon