[ntp:questions] Protocol for time server.

Per Jessen per at computer.org
Tue Jul 31 12:50:58 UTC 2007

Keith Sloan wrote:

> Okay I would like to look at the possibility of buidling an MSF
> receiver and have it act as a time server on the local lan TCP/IP.
> Having decoded the time I assume I have to serve it via some sort of
> UDP service

Or any other interface you can get to work.  Your MSF receiver will be
very similar to my tiny DCF77 receiver which delivers a serial signal,
that my NTP server is sync'ing to.

> Where can I find the details of the protocol that a time source would
> have to follow.

Maybe check out some of the various drivers - there might even be one
that works with a raw MSF signal already.

/Per Jessen, Zürich