[ntp:questions] The Leap Millisecond

oriel36 kelleher.gerald at gmail.com
Mon Jun 4 20:26:09 UTC 2007

Thank God there was always room for brilliant men to create the
timekeeping systems which create the equable 24 hour day,create the
seperate calendar system with enough sense to know the difference.It
means that people will enjoy the careful set of astronomical
principles set out even though presently a rogue group have done the
unexplicable things in tying axial rotation directly to a celestial
sphere geometry -

"Flamsteed used the star Sirius as a timekeeper correcting the
sidereal
time obtained from successive transits of the star into solar time,
the
difference of course being due to the rotation of the Earth round the
Sun. Flamsteed wrote in a letter in 1677:-

... our clocks kept so good a correspondence with the Heavens that I
doubt it not but they would prove the revolutions of the Earth to be
isochronical... "

This IERS business is a foolish hoax on humanity born of that terrible
error by Flamsteed , designed more for pretensious purposes while
being a meaningless exercise in astrological geometry .People are
better served by becoming familiar with  the equable 24 hour cycle and
how it comes from determination of the variations in the natural noon
cycle.

All the worthless doctorates here would be a lot less worthless if
they at least attempted to promote the proper principles  based on a
24 hour/360 degree correlation by acknowledging that it does not
represent the rotation of the Earth but rather a convenient
heliocentric adaption of the average 24 hour day transfered to the
axial cycle .

Where,in God's name, are all the astronomers who have the power to
overule this 'sidereal' nonsense ?.This is the actual creation of the
24 hour day by brilliant men I am trying to discuss and not some
minor trivia yet nobody here takes it seriously.What is going on with
people ?.