[ntp:questions] A Suggestion For Abolishing the Leap Second

Guy Macon "http://www.guymacon.com/" at ntp.isc.org
Tue Jun 5 07:28:11 UTC 2007

sla29970 at gmail.com wrote:

>The only national government which has expressed support
>for UTC continuing to match mean solar time is the UK.
>Every other government's position is either to abandon
>them, or silence.

I expect those positions to change and all most governments
(or whatever replaces governments by then) to decide to
adopt some sort of synchronizing scheme well before the
offset causes the sun to be overhead at midnight.  Perhaps
the decision will be to tweak to rotational period of the
earth every so often...

--
Guy Macon
<http://www.guymacon.com/>