[ntp:questions] A Suggestion For Abolishing the Leap Second

Jan Ceuleers janspam.ceuleers at skynet.be
Wed Jun 6 16:54:38 UTC 2007

David L. Mills wrote:
> I once asked a person knowledgeable with power generation economics who
> pays for the electricity during a leap second? He said "you do". Proof
> is left as an exercise for the student.

I beg to differ. In this part of the world (Western Europe) the leap
second occurs in the middle of the night, i.e. at a time when no
financial transactions are processed (retail banks only transact during
their business day). So I for one am not paying for my electricity
during the leap second.

:-)

Jan