[ntp:questions] A Suggestion For Abolishing the Leap Second

Guy Macon "http://www.guymacon.com/" at ntp.isc.org
Fri Jun 8 03:07:06 UTC 2007

Per Hedeland wrote:

>Quadibloc  writes:
>
>>Danny Mayer wrote:
>>
>>> You *must* stop sending messages to the newsgroup that consist of
>>> nothing but a quote from someone else. If you want to keep quotes send
>>> them to yourself. This is *not* your personal message archive. Noone is
>>> interested in what you think is important.
>>
>>I wrote:
>>
>>Oh, indeed, one could. But the people with the problem with UTC are
>>people working with space probes to Mars and suchlike, so that is why
>>the Earth's motions in the Solar System are an issue to them.
>>
>>I don't know why it isn't part of your reply, or why you didn't see
>>it.
>
>Probably brokenness in the news->mail gateway (Danny uses the mailing
>list). You seem to frequently have a lone dot as the first line of your
>text in followups - nothing wrong with that, but maybe not much value
>either...

Here is his entire post, byte-for-byte, exactly as Google handed
it off to Giganews.  Nothing appears to be missing.

If those of you who saw a partial post would be so kind as to post
the Path you see in the headers, there is a good chance that I can
identify where the information is being lost and let the admin of
that system know about it.

*** START OF QUOTED MATERIAL ***