[ntp:questions] Driver Help?

Maarten Wiltink maarten at kittensandcats.net
Wed Jun 13 14:58:25 UTC 2007

"Karl Denninger" <karl at denninger.net> wrote in message
news:sVJbi.122151$NK5.94621 at newsfe23.lga...
[...]
> The obvious question is "can a time source that outputs only with 1
> second resolution and only when polled generate
> sufficiently-high-quality reference time for the system to use it?"

Perhaps not on its own, but I can imagine a scheme where you look
for its top-of-second point, by polling at random intervals or
intervals of slightly more or less than one second.

If its internal clock is good enough, then given time it could be
made acceptable. It's not unlike TSC interpolation.

Groetjes,
Maarten Wiltink