[ntp:questions] Driver Help?

Richard B. Gilbert rgilbert88 at comcast.net
Wed Jun 13 20:15:33 UTC 2007

Kevin Oberman wrote:
>>From: Karl Denninger <karl at denninger.net>
>>Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2007 12:07:22 -0500
>>Sender: questions-bounces+oberman=es.net at lists.ntp.isc.org
>>
>>Steve Kostecke wrote:

> Carl,
>
> We use CDMA and can keep time within a couple of microseconds. I am using
> an EndRun Technologies CDMA clock which provides PPS, but the jitter on
> the raw (TrueTime emulated) once a second update is about 4 ms at
> worst. This sucks compared to the PPS, but should be good for most cases
> where high precision is not an issue.
>
> By the way, the external CDMA clock from EndRun is pretty well hidden on
> the web pages under "Other Products". It is found at:
> http://www.endruntechnologies.com/network-time-source.htm

They say "Email or call us for a competitive price quote...."
Why do I always get nervous when someone says that?  It generally means
"all the traffic will bear and then some!"  I much prefer to deal with
someone who says, up front, "it's $1253.99 plus shipping from. . . ."
It saves us both a bit of time because there's no way I'm going to pay
that much.  It might be different if I had a corporate sponsor but
nowadays it's strictly out of my pocket!