[ntp:questions] Ravi Patel

Ravi (Shoaib) ravi.2285 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 24 06:06:56 UTC 2007

HI

Thanks for the reply i am using a motorola m12 gps reciever i am geting the
pps signal from the reciever to the pc via a serial cable, which will
connect the pc and the reciever together. I have to use the pps kit and
patch it to the redhat kernel. I am not too sure on how to patch the kernel
as it's the first time i am using linux. so i need to knw that. I am using
RS232 serial connection.I am going to use the NMEA protocol as it will
display the information i require.

I am using Red Hat linux 9

One the PPSkit patch is patched to the linux kernel  the pps signal will be
used as a discipline source for both time and frequency..
So need some guideline and steps in patching the PPSkit to the kernel from
scratch.

Thanks Ravi

I amvery greathful for the reply you have sent and i am using the
information provided, once agian thank you very much.