[ntp:questions] Release Candidate for new Windows Installer(4.2.4p3-RC1)

Heiko Gerstung heiko_removeme_.gerstung at meinberg.de
Fri Jun 29 12:40:09 UTC 2007

Hi there!

I uploaded a new version of the Windows Installer to our webserver, including
the brand new 4.2.4p3-RC1 version of NTP. This is a release candidate version, I
ask everybody to carefully test this release and let me know if you experience
any glitches or errors. Please do not use it in life systems or production
environments (no, not even in your local nuclear power plant controlling system!).

This version includes the fix for bug #527 which prevented us from releasing a
new stable version of ntpd for Windows for several months. The only special
modification I added was a small fix that lets NT4 SP6 clients run this version
as well (although Autokey might not work on NT4 machines).

The new release will be called "foehr", simply because Foehr (in German: Föhr)
is a nice island in the Northern Sea (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/F%C3%B6hr)
and exactly the place where I will spend two weeks of vacation (starting on
Monday) ... hopefully chilling on the beach with my laptop and a decent wifi
connection at hand :-)

Please download the new installer version from here:
http://www.meinberg.de/download/ntp/windows/experimental/ntp-4.2.4p3-RC1@foehr-o-win32-setup.exe

And please do not link to this URL, I will remove this file as soon as I
returned from vacation and created a new, official stable release. That one will
be downloadable from our regular NTP download page at

http://www.meinberg.de/english/sw/ntp.htm

As usual, you can contact me or my colleagues at Meinberg if you face any
difficulties with the installer or NTP on Windows machines. Please contact
ntp-support at meinberg.de !

Best Regards,
  Heiko