[ntp:questions] Doubt about Syncronization of GPS SPECTRACOM(2)

Ronan Flood usenet at umbral.org.uk
Thu Mar 1 14:38:13 UTC 2007

mlonisto at gmail.com (Marcos Onisto) wrote:

> I forgot do show the ntp.conf configuration, follow below:
>
> # cat /etc/ntp.conf
> # Arquivo :/etc/ntp.conf (versao 4)
> #
> # ultima atualizacao: 13/06/2006
> #
> server 127.127.4.2      # loopback

That's not "loopback", it identifies an ntpd refclock driver,
4 = refclock_wwvb.c, reading input from /dev/wwvb2 which I expect
is a link to a serial port /dev/tty... or something like that.

 ls -l /dev/wwvb2

> restrict default ignore notrust

"ignore" is enough to block everything, you don't need "notrust" too.

> restrict 200.160.0.0 nomodify
> restrict 200.160.1.0 nomodify
> restrict 127.0.0.1              # loopback

OK, so you should be able to do most things from 200.160.{0,1}.0
and everything from 127.0.0.1, and nothing from anywhere else.

I think this leaves all IPv6 access open, so if you get IPv6
working you'll want to add

 restrict -6 default ignore
 restrict ::1			# loopback

> It's rigth? or something is wrong?

It's OK, and not the cause of your problem as shown before.

--
Ronan Flood <usenet at umbral.org.uk>