[ntp:questions] Convert PPS signal from BNC to RS-232!

John Ackermann N8UR jra at febo.com
Thu Mar 1 14:45:05 UTC 2007

If the signal on the BNC connector is at TTL levels (0 and 5 volts), the
odds are very good that you can hook it directly to the DCD line on the
serial connector.  Virtually all serial ports today will work with TTL
level signals.

The other issue that may be of concern is the width of the pulse.  Some
clocks have a very short pulse that's only 20 microseconds or so long.
That is too short for a serial port to reliably read.  A pulse stretcher
can solve that problem.

John
----