[ntp:questions] Convert PPS signal from BNC to RS-232!

Hal Murray hal-usenet at ip-64-139-1-69.sjc.megapath.net
Thu Mar 1 20:48:15 UTC 2007

>I have a Symmetricom Syncserver S250 as primary NTP-server.
>This box has PPS-output via a BNC connector. I need to get this PPS signal
>onto a rs232 connector.

Just wire it up and give it a try.  The PPS output is a good
solid TTL signal.  It will work fine unless you are going
very long distances.

Their data sheet says it will drive 50 ohms.  If you have a scope
handy, see what it looks like.  Without a 50 ohm terminater, it
is likely to be 2x the TTL level.  Who knows what "TTL" means
these days.  It's probably CMOS, either from 5V or from 3.3V.