[ntp:questions] Linux clock glitch - drift jump on reboot

Hal Murray hal-usenet at ip-64-139-1-69.sjc.megapath.net
Thu Mar 1 21:56:02 UTC 2007

I'm running Fedora Core 6 on a 2.8 GHz P4/Xeon (2 hyperthreaded CPUs).
I'm running a 2.6.19 kernel - my own config file, no changes to the
official sources.

I just updated a whole bunch of software (yum update) and rebooted
my system.  (same kernel)

NTP's drift went from 151 ppm to 115 ppm.

Has anybody seen anything like that?  Any hints on where I should
start looking?

I'm pretty sure I saw something like this a while ago, probably in
the other direction. but I didn't investigate.  I think I have
enough log files to find it if that is likely to help.  There may
have been a kernel switch.