[ntp:questions] Doubt about Syncronization of GPS SPECTRACOM(2)

Ronan Flood usenet at umbral.org.uk
Fri Mar 2 12:03:11 UTC 2007

Rick Jones <rick.jones2 at hp.com> wrote:

> It could be the case that getaddrinfo() (I trust ntpdate is calling
> getaddrinfo?) is returning more than one address and the IPv6 one
> happens to be first in the list - does ntpdate walk the list or just
> try the first one?

I think ntpdate 4.2.0 just uses the first returned address, and
now that Marcos has said he's running Solaris I've remembered
that ntpdate 4.2.0 on Solaris doesn't work with IPv6 anyway
because Solaris changes the IPv6 socket structure in a way which
ntpdate doesn't expect

  http://lists.ntp.isc.org/pipermail/questions/2005-March/004535.html

--
Ronan Flood <usenet at umbral.org.uk>