[ntp:questions] Doubt about Syncronization of GPS SPECTRACOM(2)

Ronan Flood usenet at umbral.org.uk
Fri Mar 2 15:19:04 UTC 2007

mlonisto at gmail.com (Marcos Onisto) wrote:

> That's it!

OK.

> In front of the Spectracom hardware there are information like below:
> DIGITAL CLOCK DISTRIBUTOR
> LOCAL PRIMARY REFERENCE
> DCD - LPR/C
> GTI/C - GPS

That sounds like a telco SSU (eg Symmetricom) rather than a Spectracom
clock, although I know nothing about either as it happens!

I suppose since refclock_wwvb is happy it doesn't matter.

What does "ntpq -ccl" show on your working server?

> I have two servers Sun Netra T1 with Solaris 9 Operation System like

They have an RJ45 serial port, so you're converting from DB25 to that?

I asked you before what "ls -l /dev/wwvb2" shows ...

> below, but only one is connected now because I had a problem before. I
> dont know It because the two servers disputing the same channel or if
> there is a problem.

I guess it could be an electrical problem rather than a software
problem; I don't know if two servers trying to poll the clock would
interfere with each other.   However I'd say a clock distributor
would be sending the time at regular intervals without polling.

--
Ronan Flood <usenet at umbral.org.uk>