[ntp:questions] Doubt about Syncronization of GPS SPECTRACOM(2)

Marcos Onisto mlonisto at gmail.com
Fri Mar 2 16:56:50 UTC 2007

On 2 Mar 2007 15:19:04 GMT, Ronan Flood <usenet at umbral.org.uk> wrote:
> mlonisto at gmail.com (Marcos Onisto) wrote:
>
> > That's it!
>
> OK.
>
> > In front of the Spectracom hardware there are information like below:
> > DIGITAL CLOCK DISTRIBUTOR
> > LOCAL PRIMARY REFERENCE
> > DCD - LPR/C
> > GTI/C - GPS
>
> That sounds like a telco SSU (eg Symmetricom) rather than a Spectracom
> clock, although I know nothing about either as it happens!
>
> I suppose since refclock_wwvb is happy it doesn't matter.
>
> What does "ntpq -ccl" show on your working server?

$ ntpq -ccl
status=0303 clk_fault, last_clk_fault
device="Spectracom WWVB/GPS Receivers",
timecode="  07 061 16:50:46.001  S", poll=5348, noreply=0, badformat=0,
baddata=90, fudgetime1=0.000, stratum=0, refid=WWVB, flags=0

> > I have two servers Sun Netra T1 with Solaris 9 Operation System like
>
> They have an RJ45 serial port, so you're converting from DB25 to that?

Yes, I'm using one Cisco cable for db25  to db9.

> I asked you before what "ls -l /dev/wwvb2" shows ...

$ ls -l /dev/wwv*
lrwxrwxrwx   1 root     other         49 Jul  4  2006 /dev/wwvb1 ->
../devices/pci at 1f,0/pci at 1,1/ebus at 1/su at 14,3803f8:a
lrwxrwxrwx   1 root     other         49 Jul  3  2006 /dev/wwvb2 ->
../devices/pci at 1f,0/pci at 1,1/ebus at 1/su at 14,3602f8:b

> > below, but only one is connected now because I had a problem before. I
> > dont know It because the two servers disputing the same channel or if
> > there is a problem.
>
> I guess it could be an electrical problem rather than a software
> problem; I don't know if two servers trying to poll the clock would
> interfere with each other.   However I'd say a clock distributor
> would be sending the time at regular intervals without polling.

I'm using only one server while I dont have sure about this problem, I
can left the other server like spare.