[ntp:questions] Doubt about Syncronization of GPS SPECTRACOM(2)

Rick Jones rick.jones2 at hp.com
Fri Mar 2 18:54:12 UTC 2007

Ronan Flood <usenet at umbral.org.uk> wrote:
> I think ntpdate 4.2.0 just uses the first returned address, and now
> that Marcos has said he's running Solaris I've remembered that
> ntpdate 4.2.0 on Solaris doesn't work with IPv6 anyway because
> Solaris changes the IPv6 socket structure in a way which ntpdate
> doesn't expect

>   http://lists.ntp.isc.org/pipermail/questions/2005-March/004535.html

I wonder if that is still the case in "5.10" Anyway, does ntpdate set
the AI_ADDRCONFIG flag?  If not, doing so should prevent it from
getting IPv6 answers when there is no IPv6 address configured on the
system running ntpdate.

Whether ntpdate should be enhanced to walk the list I guess would be
an open question.

rick jones