[ntp:questions] FreeBSD with Garmin GPS 18 LVC

Keith E. Brandt, M.D. wd9get at amsat.org
Sun Mar 4 22:16:56 UTC 2007

Thanks all for the help. I didn't have a link to GPS1, so fixing that
got it running.

However...

It worked fine for a while, then I rebooted for other reasons and
anytime I try to run ntpq -p or ntpdc -c peers, ntpd crashes with the
error: "uid0: exited on signal 11 (core dumped)". If I put the pool
servers in ntp.conf before the gps, ntpq -p lists their stats then
dies when it gets to the gps. If I list the gps first, it dies after
printing the headers.

As long as I don't run ntpq -p, it seems to be doing fine. ntpdc -c
loopinfo is reporting single-digit microsecond offsets and frequency
stability around 50 ppm. I've been successful at using it as a server
for machines on my lan.

A websearch for the specific error message wasn't revealing.

Help??

LtCol Keith E. Brandt, MD, MPH
USAF-NASA Aerospace Medicine Liaison Officer
Johnson Space Center, Houston, Texas
wd9get at amsat.org

Goodbye cruel world that was my home-
   there's cleaner space out here to roam
Put my feet up on the moons of Mars-
   sit back, relax, and count the stars

*This message transmitted with 100% recycled electrons