[ntp:questions] FreeBSD with Garmin GPS 18 LVC

Harlan Stenn stenn at ntp.isc.org
Mon Mar 5 02:21:10 UTC 2007

>>> In article <20070304221717.0108C14350A at mail8.mdx.safepages.com>, wd9get at amsat.org (Keith E. Brandt, M.D.) writes:

Keith> It worked fine for a while, then I rebooted for other reasons and
Keith> anytime I try to run ntpq -p or ntpdc -c peers, ntpd crashes with the
Keith> error: "uid0: exited on signal 11 (core dumped)". If I put the pool
Keith> servers in ntp.conf before the gps, ntpq -p lists their stats then
Keith> dies when it gets to the gps. If I list the gps first, it dies after
Keith> printing the headers.

Exactly what version of ntpd are you using?

Can you try the latest ntp-dev tarball?

Can you get a gdb traceback of the core file?