[ntp:questions] 3 Peer server at same stratum

Harlan Stenn stenn at ntp.isc.org
Mon Mar 5 23:21:08 UTC 2007

>>> In article <1173085062.161146.301350 at p10g2000cwp.googlegroups.com>, "RICCARDO" <castellani.riccardo at tiscali.it> writes:

RICCARDO> I shall configure my NTP peer servers according to your above
RICCARDO> suggestions, but for redundancy do you think that it's necessary
RICCARDO> to change stratum level for each peer server(server A,B,C) of my
RICCARDO> lan ?  (for instance server A stratum 10, server B stratum 11,
RICCARDO> server C stratum 12). What do you suggest me ?

I recommend you see:

 http://ntp.isc.org/Support/ConfiguringOrphanMode

for the new way of handling this, and if you want to see the old way:

 http://ntp.isc.org/Support/ConfiguringLocalRefclocks