[ntp:questions] Start of Daylight Savings

David J Taylor david-taylor at blueyonder.co.not-this-bit.nor-this-part.uk
Thu Mar 8 09:34:31 UTC 2007

RICCARDO wrote:
> When it will start Daylight Saving time, is there automatic time
> traslation indipendent from what ntp server I configured in my
> ntp.conf ?
> Server must be italian or European ?

Yes, NTP works entirely in UTC, so has no concept of time zones.  Unless a
server is incorrectly configured, you can use a server in any country.  A
server nearer to you (in network terms) will provide better accuracy.

Windows and UNIX work in UTC internally.  It is your operating system
which displays the correct local time of your choice.  For example, in
Windows use the Control Panel, Regional settings to adjust the displayed
time.

Ciao
David