[ntp:questions] NTP Sync Problem

Richard B. gilbert rgilbert88 at comcast.net
Sun Mar 11 05:04:08 UTC 2007

Ron C. wrote:
> "Richard B. gilbert" <rgilbert88 at comcast.net> wrote in message news:45F2BCCC.3050806 at comcast.net...
>
>>Why
>>in the world are you still using W98?
>

> My 1996 $6000 Laptop is only 133MHz. I've used trial versions of Windows XP and Windows Server 2003 on it but they're way too slow scrolling through documents; even Win98 slowed things down noticibly compared to Win95; also the sound driver didn't work and Toshiba had no XP update.

<snip>
New laptops start at about $700 US!  You get a 2 GHz processor for your
money, 512 MB of RAM and a 40 GB disk.

I'm quite fond of W/XP because I can run it for weeks or months without
rebooting.  With W98 I was lucky to get eight hours between reboots.

And, of course, there's the fact that today's software runs on it.