[ntp:questions] howto setup server and client server

nurr nurr97 at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 11 06:01:32 UTC 2007

On 11 Mar, 11:51, m... at ntp.isc.org (Danny Mayer) wrote:
> nurr wrote:
> > hi,
>
> >   I'm the new in NTP. Can please anybody give me the guide how to
> > setup ntp server and client?
>
> Start here:http://ntp.isc.org/bin/view/Support/GettingStarted
>
> After that, if you still have questions come back here and ask.
>
> Danny

thanks.  I tried to configure my ntp server (actually on IPv6--- dual
stack network) Below are my /etc/ntp.conf (I'm using FreeBSD).

ntpdate_enable="YES"
xntpd_enable="YES"
xntpd_flags="-p /var/run/ntpd.pid -g -N high"

where as in /etc/ntp.conf my contens are as below:

driftfile /etc/ntp.drift
server ntp.hexago.com
server ntp6.remco.org
server ntp.rhrk.uni-kl.de

when i tried to start ntp by using coomand ntpd -c peers, the result
displayed :
# ntpdc -c peers
***Server reports data not found
#

please help. and what i should do for clients.