[ntp:questions] NTP Sync Problem

Ron C. nospam at nospam.com
Sun Mar 11 09:56:03 UTC 2007

"Richard B. gilbert" <rgilbert88 at comcast.net> wrote in message news:45F38DC8.2040005 at comcast.net...
> New laptops start at about $700 US!  You get a 2 GHz processor for your
> money, 512 MB of RAM and a 40 GB disk.
>
> I'm quite fond of W/XP because I can run it for weeks or months without
> rebooting.  With W98 I was lucky to get eight hours between reboots.
>
> And, of course, there's the fact that today's software runs on it.

I'm sure you're right on all three points.  My motive was not to save money.  I tend to hang on to the old stuff to prevent (it and its peripherals) from going to waste prematurely.  Also, I've been keeping up with the tech news all along and there is always one more thing I want to wait for before taking the plunge again.  For example,  built-in 802.11n, EVDO rev. A, ultra-wideband bluetooth, 64-bit Vista with all the patches and driver support.  Keep in mind that a more capable computer could also cause me to waste more time using it!