[ntp:questions] NTP Question

David J Taylor david-taylor at blueyonder.not-this-bit.nor-this-part.co.uk
Sun Mar 11 14:45:00 UTC 2007

Nooshin Madjdi wrote:
[]
> ok i did so,which i should confess that ntpd was installed by Relay
> Application. now i have this problem
>
> the clock of the Relay is Set to
> GMT +3:00
> but i live in a country which time is GMT +3:30 , so the time of
> windows is GMT +3:30 , i have set the ntp.conf so the relay should
> sunchroize itself with time of windows ,which doesn't, Relay always
> have 30 minutes down the actual time. if i set the windows clock to
> GMT +3:00 , so everything is fine, but i am in GMT +3:30 , does NTP
> client gets the actual time or just the Base time of GMT?
[]
> Thanks

In addition to what Richard has said, if you are using Windows you can
alter almost all of the time zone settings for Windows with the Time Zone
Editor.
  http://www.microsoft.com/windows95/downloads/contents/WUToys/W95KernelToy/Default.asp

Caveat: I have not checked this on Windows after NT4, but it should be OK.
Be sure to backup your registry if you are uncertain about using this
tool.

Cheers,
David