[ntp:questions] NTP Sync Problem

Uwe Klein uwe_klein_habertwedt at t-online.de
Mon Mar 12 08:52:32 UTC 2007

Richard B. gilbert wrote:
> Ron C. wrote:
>
>> "Richard B. gilbert" <rgilbert88 at comcast.net> wrote in message
>> news:45F2BCCC.3050806 at comcast.net...
>>
>>> Why in the world are you still using W98?
>>

>> My 1996 $6000 Laptop is only 133MHz. I've used trial versions of
>> Windows XP and Windows Server 2003 on it but they're way too slow
>> scrolling through documents; even Win98 slowed things down noticibly
>> compared to Win95; also the sound driver didn't work and Toshiba had
>> no XP update.
>>
> <snip>
> New laptops start at about $700 US!  You get a 2 GHz processor for your
> money, 512 MB of RAM and a 40 GB disk.
>
> I'm quite fond of W/XP because I can run it for weeks or months without
> rebooting.  With W98 I was lucky to get eight hours between reboots.
>
> And, of course, there's the fact that today's software runs on it.

I still have the first PC I bought for work in 1992 up and running.
An 80386DX33 upgraded to AMD8036DX5-133 with Novell Dos 7 and Win 3.1.
Got a bigger HD in 1996 and a new fan in 2000. Used to be running 24/7
till last year.

You do not get that kind of endurance out of newer hardware. NADA, never.
Aditionally I have never been able to contact one of those people that
have bought a "just switch it on and work with it" Windows machines.
All persons I ask have endless hassles and loose functionality that used
to work with some update or new driver.

uwe