[ntp:questions] Doubt about Syncronization of GPS SPECTRACOM(2)

Danny Mayer mayer at ntp.isc.org
Thu Mar 15 01:45:51 UTC 2007

David L. Mills wrote:
> Danny,
>
> My observation had nothing to do with NTP. I happened to install Vista
> and noticed during configuration that the address claimed for my other
> Vista machine was IPv6. I noticed in the properties box that the IPv4
> and IPv6 stacks are separately enabled. I don't know at the moment how
> to properly configure my Freebies and Sunses on the same wire for IPv6.

We should be able to help out there. I thought that was already set up
on the flock and the backroom. Are you talking about elsewhere?

> Hmm. Wonder if Autokey works in Vista with IPv6.

Well you'll have to wait for me to get the infrastructure work done in
ntpd for Windows and then you will be able to run ntpd on all your
systems with Autokey. I haven't had the bandwidth to test autokey on
IPv4 on Windows, let alone consider IPv6.

> Actually, I'd like to do that as model for bringing up IPv6 all across
> campus. I am told I have the only IPv6 configurations on campus.
> Probably, the IT department hasn't yet realized that. This should be fun.
>
> Dave

I'm sure it will. Are you running ntpd on your Winden boxen? Or do you
allow the windows thing to take it on (and point to time.windows.com if
I recall correctly). I only run ntpd on my boxen.

Danny