[ntp:questions] 4.2.4p0 configure does not find clock_settime

Harlan Stenn stenn at ntp.isc.org
Tue Mar 20 23:09:23 UTC 2007

Spoon> Harlan Stenn wrote:
>> Your system has settimeofday() and that is all you need.

Spoon> (Why did you snip so much of my original message?)

I took out:

- what was already covered
- you and I should be able to follow the thread as we are "in" it
- anybody who comes later should be following the thread andn therefore also
  be "in" it.

Spoon> If settimeofday() and clock_settime() are strictly equivalent, why
Spoon> make the build process complain?

Because they are not strictly equivalent.

ntpd will work fine with settimeofday().

If you check out the man pages for these functions it should be pretty
clear.

Spoon> checking if we'll use clock_settime or settimeofday or
Spoon> stime... settimeofday() WARNING: *** But clock_settime() would be
Spoon> better (if we had it) ***

Ordinarily I would have snipped the above lines.