[ntp:questions] NTP over DRM: http://hireme.geek.nz/NTP.html .2

David L. Mills mills at udel.edu
Wed Mar 21 03:49:31 UTC 2007

Max,

NPR currently uses NTP to synchronize the local broadcast time to the
satellite feed. The crucial issue is to encapsulate the compressed audio
in IP packets, not the other way around. I suspect PBS might do the same
thing as well, as their programs start time deltas are be in the low
milliseconds relative to UTC. The DRM page cited is riddled with errors.
Somebody (me?) should send a comprehensive bug report.

Dave