[ntp:questions] PPS kit for 2.6 linux kernels?

Wed Mar 21 09:47:46 UTC 2007

tomnykds at comcast.net writes:

> I know I've seen the answer before, but what's the status of
> a PPS kit for the 2.6 kernels?  The last time I looked I
> couldn't find it, but I know it exists.

The intention was that it would be PPSkit-3.x, but there's a release date in
the unforeseeable fututre (if ever). I've provved that one can do it in Linux,
and it's up to the kernel folks to provide a reasonable interface for
timekeeping. I'll do the PPS API stuff again, but I won't re-implement the
kernel clock and the NTP algorithms over and over. Especially as there are
guy around who can do everything better. Ask them!

There is a patch to implement PPS API (and a little more) for Linux 2.6, but
that's not a complete "PPSkit".

Regards,
Ulrich