[ntp:questions] Work anywhere time synch

Jamie jamie.higgins at gmail.com
Thu Mar 22 16:15:07 UTC 2007

Hi,

I am creating an application which needs to know the current UTC time
to within a few seconds. I can use NTP to get the time value from a
time server and this works ok most of the time. However when I run
within certain networks with restrictive firewalls (typically company
networks)  I can't get through port 123 and talk to the NTP server.

What I really need is a solution which will work from any internet
connected network. Are there any simple alternatives that I can
utilise over port 80? I don't need great accuracy just within a few
seconds is fine.

Many Thanks,

Jamie