[ntp:questions] Work anywhere time synch

Hal Murray hal-usenet at ip-64-139-1-69.sjc.megapath.net
Fri Mar 23 21:14:16 UTC 2007

> Symmetricom's DomainTime II software has a DomainTime over HTTP option
> using port 80 for just this problem. Accuracy is impaired compared to
> the DomainTime protocol or NTP, but will easily satisfy your
> requirements. You can get a 30 day trial version from the website at
> http://www.ntp-systems.com/software_download.asp?ID=product_software_30day_trial.asp
> and give it a go.

> One (free) solution is "HTTP Time Protocol" at
> http://www.clevervest.com/twiki/bin/view/HTP/WebHome

>Thanks for the suggestions, I will give them a try.

Please be very careful.  Make sure you have permission
to use the web server, and make sure that your software
doesn't get distributed to people who don't understand
how to drive it.

http://www.maths.tcd.ie/~dwmalone/time/tardis.html
  Tardis is a nice piece of software for synchronising the
  time on Windows PCs to Internet time servers. Unfortunately,
  due to an combination of circumstances, Tardis users of the
  world using the HTTP mode are mounting an unintended attack
  on our web server.