[ntp:questions] NTP and asymetric delay

Stephen M. Dunn stephen at stevedunn.ca
Sun May 6 04:30:15 UTC 2007

In article <463D4D64.7070100 at ntp.isc.org> mayer at ntp.isc.org writes:
$emmanuel.python at bluewin.ch wrote:
$> I use the version 3 of NTP on cisco routers and I see that if the
[...]
$We don't support NTP v3 any more. If possible upgrade to V4.

   Some versions of Cisco IOS support NTP v4, according to Cisco's
Web site.  But I know that in some organizations where I've worked,
if I proposed spending money to upgrade the OS for a router and
the justification I gave was so that its timekeeping could improve
by 10 ms (the difference cited in the original poster's question),
I can imagine what the response would be, and it would not be
favourable.
--
Stephen M. Dunn                             <stephen at stevedunn.ca>