[ntp:questions] Olson database of timezones in posix.1 format

Priya Chakravarthi priya.chakravarthi at yahoo.com
Mon May 7 16:42:35 UTC 2007

Hi Dave,

I saw your question on the mailing list and wondered if you've managed
to get an answer for this. I am on the lookout for a complete list of
POSIX strings for timezones found in the zoneinfo folder. When I see
strings such as GMT-11 in the zoneinfo folder I do not know how to
handle it (how do you convert GMT-11 to std offset dst
[offset],start[/time],end[/time] format?). Having a full list will help
me debug my application better. Any help in this regard will be welcome.

Thanks,
Priya