[ntp:questions] 1PPS signal on Solaris 10

Jason Rabel jason at extremeoverclocking.com
Thu May 10 15:10:12 UTC 2007

What brand / model is the machine you are trying to get it to run on?

Why can you not simply get a cheap PCI card with some serial ports on it?
Just look for a simple 16550 buffer and it would be supported under
everything.

Is the "management" port a male or female? If it's male like a standard
serial port, then you might have a chance to re-configure and disable the
console routing. (I don't know how to do that in Solaris, I'm a
linux/freebsd guy.) But then obviously your only way to communicate with the
machine would be via the network or a direct keyboard/monitor input (if it
has it).