[ntp:questions] PPS on Linux status?

Martin Karsten mkarsten_NOSPAM_ at uwaterloo.ca
Tue May 15 02:15:52 UTC 2007

David (and also Michael),

thanks very much for you responses! Yes, FreeBSD works like a charm.
;-)  Just a quick follow-up, since I'm rather a software than a hardware
person:

Does the need for a level converter depend on the hardware or software
in use? I.e. will Linux/i386 (with the patch set) or Solaris on Sparc or
i386 generally require a level converter or work with a GPS clock out of
the box? This assumes that the GPS receiver is connected via serial
input. Or do GPS clocks already include this conversion these days?

My FreeBSD setup involves an old integrated gadget that someone built
for me many years ago and I don't know the details of PPS level conversion.

Thanks again,
Martin