[ntp:questions] Question on findexistingpeer

Rajaram rajaram.officemail at gmail.com
Fri May 18 09:17:23 UTC 2007

Hi experts

I have a very basic question. The reference implementation has an api findexistingpeer. The API returns the peer structure for the given address. It also checks the mode before returning.

-snip-
                      if (mode == -1)
                                return (peer);
                        else if (peer->hmode == mode)
                                break;
-snip-

My question is that whether a peer(address) can associate with another peer with more than one mode? If yes what would be the scenario ? If no, why findexistingpeer checks mode ? Please enlighten me if i miss something ?

TIA
Rajaram.R