[ntp:questions] ntpd + TrueTime GPS + daylight saving

Ralf Gross usenet at ralfgross.de
Thu May 24 07:33:47 UTC 2007

Hi,

I'm running a local ntpd server (CentOS 4.3) with an attached TrueTime
NTS 100 GPS device.

The /etc/sysconfig/clock contains

ZONE="Europe/Berlin"
UTC=true
ARC=false

The NTS 100 is set to

F66 OFF
F01 +00:00
F03  UTC  05/24/07 07:31:19

(Daylight saving is off.  Timezone is +00:00)

This is working fine for 2 years now.  Today I was asked, if the daylight
saving information is transmitted too.  There seems to be some devices
that have no information about daylight saving .

<quote>
The xxxxx is configured in order to be updated once a day from the NTP
server (Network time protocol).

If the server is also updated according to winter/ summer's clock, then
automatically the xxxxx will be synchronized for the different
seasons.
</quote>

Am I right that our local ntpd sends the ntp packages in UTC?

Ralf