[ntp:questions] Build Issues - minimum build reqs or vxworks help please...

Martin Burnicki martin.burnicki at meinberg.de
Thu May 31 09:36:48 UTC 2007

Som,

Som Naderi wrote:
> Hello all, I'm having some troubles building NTP for VxWorks v6.4 and
> could use some help.
>
> I'm trying to build from within cygwin and within the VxWorks development
> shell (which basically just sets a bunch of environment variables as far
> as
> I know).  I've also been trying to use the vxworks.html hints file that's
> in the html directory -- except it's a bit outdated (VxWorks 5, I believe)
> so I've needed to include some additional -I switches for other include
> locations.
>
> I'm running configure with
>
> --target=powerpc-wrs-vxworks --host=powerpc-wrs-vxworks
> --disable-all-clocks --enable-LOCAL-CLOCK
>
> It *seems* to work fine, but the make immediately chokes on libopts.c when
> it tries to include memory.h.  The problem is -- there is no memory.h
> within
> the entire vxworks directory.  During "configure", the check for memory.h
> fails also, though it continues.  It's possible that VxWorks has the
> necessary functions under a different .h file, so an option I have, I
> guess, is to find which ones NTP needs and look for a file with those
> functions.

Just searched over the code for "memory.h" and found a few places where it
is included without being bracketed by #ifdef HAVE_MEMORY_H.

Can you try a workaround? You could either search for those places and put a
comment // at the beginning of those "include <memory.h>" lines, or you
could create an empty file memory.h in the "include" directory of the NTP
code.

Then try again whether it builds.

Martin
--