[ntp:questions] How do I know my GPS-based NTP server is actually working properly?

John Ioannidis ntp at tla.org
Fri Nov 2 16:25:46 UTC 2007

Thanks for the reply, but this is not answering my question. I wasn't
asking how to *configure* the beast (I've already done this
successfully), I was asking how to verify that it actually works as
documented!

What measurements do I have to take that will show the difference
between a setup that's actually using the PPS signal from the GPS
receiver and one that's not (because, for example, the DCD line on the
motherboard is cracked, to give a stupid example).

Cheers,

/ji