[ntp:questions] Standalone PC Clock Sync

Russell, David David.Russell at dowjones.com
Sun Nov 4 12:50:02 UTC 2007

I have a PC running Windows that gets disconnected from the network for
up to an hour.  I am using NTP to sync the clock while it is connected
but when disconnected the clock drifts quite a bit.  Does anyone have
any suggestions for how I can maintain the timing in this scenario?

Also, I have been looking for a PCI card that would give me better clock
accuracy than the standard Windows clock.  Sub-millisecond accuracy
using NTP is the objective.

Thanks,

David Russell