[ntp:questions] in pool, my server runs for days, crashes with no log

Hal Murray hal-usenet at ip-64-139-1-69.sjc.megapath.net
Mon Nov 5 05:39:31 UTC 2007

In article <1194239872.652100.248260 at 19g2000hsx.googlegroups.com>,
 fishtop_records <pfarrell at pfarrell.com> writes:
>My server, ntp.pfarrell.com, runs for a week or so, and then just
>stops. I can't see anything useful in the ntp/ntpd.log file nor in the
>syslog.

What version of ntp are you running?

There was a bug that silently discarded error messages.  It was
fixed a while ago (month or two) but hasn't made it to an official
stable release yet.  (I think it just missed the last release.)

It is in ntp-dev if you want to try that.

One common problem is running out of memory.