[ntp:questions] Using a "composite clock" time source?

scott.baker at gmail.com scott.baker at gmail.com
Tue Nov 6 00:34:02 UTC 2007

My NTP server is run at the local phone company. They already have a
GPS fed stratum 2 (?) time source fed via GPS on the roof. The CO guy
told me that they have lots of leads off their "composite clock" and
we could have one if we needed. Apparently this timing source feds all
their telco gear (OC-X equipment, class 5 switch, etc).

I asked him what I should google up and he said "composite clock." Is
there some way to hook up a "composite clock" to the serial port on my
server? It appears that a composite clock is three wires: tip, ring
and ground? Any help on if it's possible to use this would be great.